Local Anesthesia Review for Dental Hygienists
This course fulfills the three (3) state required renewal credits for local anesthesia permit holders.
Saturday, October 11, 2014
9:00am - Noon
Registration & Continental Breakfast 8:30am - 9am.
To deliver optimal patient care, pain management is an essential component of periodontal therapy procedures. Supported by science, this course will provide the dental hygienist with the information necessary to make an anesthetic choice based on each patient’s needs.
Upon completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Identify medical considerations for local anesthesia.
- Review neurophysiology of drug interactions.
- Discuss pharmacodynamics of local anesthetics.
- Evaluate local anesthetic drugs to include; topical, injectable, and non- injectable drugs.
- Identify dental innervations techniques.
- Identify local anesthetic complications.
- List signs and symptoms of anesthetic overdose.
- Preview new anesthetic technologies.
$60 per person (includes breakfast and lunch)Presenter:
Marianne Dryer RDH, MEd
Northeast Clinical Educator
Date & Location
Time: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
8:30am - 9am Registration & Continental Breakfast
Academic Center - Harcum College
See campus map
for exact location and parking information.