|The $1.2 million dollar Library initiative is preserving the Library as the academic heart of our campus while transforming it into a modern facility that is sensitive to the institutional needs of students, faculty, and the community. The ongoing, multi-phase project — the first major renovation to the Library since its construction in 1968 — continues to yield much-needed updates to the physical space and resources designed to provide visitors with new opportunities to create, connect, and discover. |
Harcum has secured the full amount of funding necessary for the project thanks to 100% participation from its Board of Trustees, a congressionally-directed grant, and generous gifts from alumni, friends, and lead donors, including an anonymous benefactor who contributed the final $400,000 for the project. We are grateful to all who contributed to this initiative.
Plans for the renovation project include:
When the project is complete, the Library will be named in memory of Dr. Charles H. Trout, a former president of Harcum (2002-2006), who had a profound impact on the College and the lives of many through his long and distinguished career in education.
- New carpet, paint, ceilings, and lighting COMPLETED!
- Increased accessibility, including an ADA-compliant rear entrance, restroom, and hallway COMPLETED!
- Upgraded services and instruction with the hiring of an Education Technologist COMPLETED!
- A single-access login to streamline remote access and research COMPLETED!
- Three technology labs with collaborative media COMPLETED!
- New furnishings COMPLETED!
- Upgrades to the collections in all formats
- Improved wireless access and new computers COMPLETED!
- A new laptop and digital recording equipment circulation program COMPLETED!
- A new security system
View photos of the renovation.
Every gift continues to support the renovation. Naming opportunities are still available!